Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tapas..you mean it's not food?

It is the way the universe reiterates lessons with me, be careful what you wish for- yea, I asked for it once again!  My theme for classes this week has been that of tapas-meaning austerity, offering something up for purification. Not the lovely little smackerals you get at a "tapas" bar.(damn..if it only were!) It started at a yoga activist training I attended this weekend, powerful stuff. The presenters talked about tapas, and stepping out of your comfort zone, really resonated with me, hence-my weekly theme. People are living in austerity out there; emotionally,physically, and financially. Sometimes through no fault of their own. I, on the other hand, am doing o.k. In steps the universe-tapas you say;here you go! You see, I get paid monthly, direct deposit. On the first of the month. Comfortable routine. Nope! This month, my funds(through no fault of my own!) weren't to arrive until the 3rd, gulp. Not enough funds, things don't get paid. Like the satellite tv...turn it on, it won't work without greenbacks to feed it. Need to purchase things, no buckeroos, no goodies. The list goes on.. We take a lot for granted every day. Being able to get and do what we want when we want it, turning things on with a click. Instant gratification world. The silence and getting basic were at first not too comfortable(whadda you mean I can't watch Keith Oberman ##$$%*) but then the silence became a comfort. In order to see other's reality, sometimes we have to begin by living it-even if only for a short time. My tv is back on, I can go to the store, but you know what-the tv is off, and the silence.... is ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment